Move over plain candles….take your candle home decor to an entire different level by trying this Decoupage Candle Makeover technique using rice paper and bling!
see the difference
Now don’t get me wrong the plain white candles look amazing with just some bling on them but the one that I did with the Decoupage Queen rice papers gave it the WOW factor times 10!! In just a few steps you can easily transform your candles…keep reading for details and product links below!
supplies to make a decoupage candle makeover
- Candles: I prefer the battery operated kind but you can also use regular candles as well. Here is my Amazon Affiliate Link for my fave candles –>> https://amzn.to/3aspqRV
- Rice Paper from the Decoupage Queen – superior quality and went on like a dream! Shop their amazing collection here–>>https://www.decoupagequeen.com
- Mod Podge Matte Medium –>>https://amzn.to/3eg5zXo
- Bling from Totally Dazzled –>> https://bit.ly/2V2mOSM
- Pins to make a candle pin –>> https://amzn.to/3suz2C1
- E6000 glue in Clear –>> https://amzn.to/3amk2Qg
create your decoupage candle makeover
Chicks this is so simple…all you have to do is lay a coat of Mod Podge down onto your candle and simply press the DQ paper onto the candle. Measure and cut the paper as needed so you have minimal waste! Press the paper down smoothing out any imperfections and let it dry! Use a sanding block, course nail file or piece of sandpaper and file around the bottom and top of candle for a seamless edge! Go over your DQ paper on candle once more with another coat of Mod Podge and let dry completely!
make a candle pin
To make a candle pin take the Totally Dazzled bling of your choosing and one of the flat head tacks. Make sure to remove the back of the bling by simply pulling it off or clipping it with some wire cutters. Drop a small dab of E6000 glue to the top of the flat head tack and attach to the bling! Let dry at least 24 hours before sticking it into your candle!
VOILA…you are done and now can step back and admire your work! I guarantee you will be making over all your candles! It’s addicting!
You can watch the entire Facebook LIVE video of me creating one by clicking here –>>https://fb.watch/4_BV2oSYta/ Make sure to FOLLOW me on my creative journey over on Facebook and set those notifications to ON so you get notified when I go LIVE!
Make sure to leave a little Sparkle wherever you go….xoxo
cecilia Schultea says
Love watching your show. You are so talent.