Welcome back Sparkle Chicks! Today on the Blog, I am going to take you step by step on this super adorable (extra sparkly), Harlequin sign. I am so excited to have you join me in creating this art piece. If you are more of a video person, you may want to check out the Live I did on Facebook (Click HERE). Alright lets get creating!
- Framed flat picture (you can get this at the dollar store, thrift markets, Hobby Lobby/ Michaels)
- Meatal cut word sign (you can get this at the dollar store, thrift markets, Hobby Lobby/ Michaels)
- Dark Wax (Get it HERE)
- Cloth or paper towel
- Diamond Dust (Get it HERE)
- Mod Podge
- Heat Gun or Hair Dryer (Get it HERE)
- Hot Glue (Get it HERE) & Hot Glue Gun
- Diamond Pattern Stencil (I got mine HERE)
- White & Black Paint (this was my preference feel free to choose your own color combo!)
- Paint Brushes including: a brush for stippling paint, regular paint brush, and a wax brush
- Bling (I get mine from Hobby Lobby)
- Feathered Boa (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby)
Following your first coat, add the second coat and dry.
Now, take your stencil and place it on your sign. You may have to do move it around to get your perfect placement. next, take your stippling brush and apply your second choice paint color (I choose black).
Stipple your paint onto your stencil. (Make sure to hold your stencil down well to avoid slipping)
Tip: Use a few light coats of paint building up the color to avoid color bleeding. Next, take your heat gun/hair dryer make sure to dry your paint well.
Take your second color and dry brush the paint along the frame. Quickly dry with your heat gun / hairdryer.
Next take your metal sign and brush on some Mod Podge (I like doing it is sections). Next apply your diamond dust right overtop of your Mod Podge, it will look a little cloudy until the Mod Podge fully dries. (Don’t waste your Diamond dust simply scoop it back into your container)
In addition, I added a feather boa I found at hobby lobby. (This is completely optional, I just thought it was so stinkn’ cute I couldn’t resist.) Take your boa and hot glue it around the outer edge of your frame.
You all know I cant just stop blinging it there, so I added this cute little broach bling I found at Hobby Lobby to the “O” in HOME. This has a little pin on the back, So just remove that part before you decide to glue down.
There you have it, your very own hand made Harlequin style sign. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, I cannot wait to create more with you!
Your Sparkle Sister,