Are you looking for an easy and fun DIY project to get into the Easter spirit this year? Look no further than transforming an old wooden knife block into a custom Easter decoration. With the right materials, a bit of patience, and a creative eye, you can easily repurpose a wooden knife block into a beautiful Easter-themed masterpiece.
What You Need
To begin, you will need a few materials to get started. The most important of these is an old wooden knife block. I pick these up all the time from my local Goodwill! You will also need some rice paper from https://digital-deco-designs.myshopify.com?aff=19 with an Easter-themed design. Finally, you will need the Fineline Crackle Varnish System from Pentart. You can find that here at https://thdecoratl.com?aff=7. For added sparkle add in some embellishments from https://bit.ly/2V2mOSM to complete the project.
1. Begin by painting your knife block with 2 coats of white paint. This ensures that your rice paper design will be bright and vibrant!
2. Figure out what images you want on each side of the knife block. I used 4 different designs for this block. Using Posh Chalk https://woodubend.us.com/ref/RoyaleFunkyJunque/ Infusor as my decoupage medium I brushed on a coat and laid the paper over each side. Using a course grit sanding block I removed the excess for a perfect fit. Once all your paper is down give it one more coat of the Infusor to seal your paper down.
3. Use a brush to apply the Fineline Crackle Varnish System, Component 1, from Pentart https://thdecoratl.com?aff=7 to the surface of the knife block. It will go on cloudy but don’t worry, it will dry clear! You can let this air dry or use a heat gun to speed it along. I chose heat because this chick has no patience to watch anything air dry! Once component 1 is dry and clear you will brush on another layer of Component 2. Again let it dry and watch the magic happen.
4. Once your knife block is dry and your crackles have appeared go in with some Pentart Wax Paste in the color bronze. Brush it all over the crackles and then buff off with a rag or paper towel. This step really lets those crackles appear!
5. Add additional sparkle with embellishments from Totally Dazzled https://bit.ly/2V2mOSM such as bows or ribbons. I used some of their limited Easter edition bling pieces to coordinate with the Easter rice paper.
6. Let the project dry completely before displaying.
With these simple steps, you can easily transform an old wooden knife block into a beautiful Easter-themed decoration. Whether you choose to use this piece for decoration or for practical use, you are sure to be pleased with the results. So grab your tools and get started on this fun and festive DIY project. Be sure to share your own creation over inside the Sparkle Room’s FREE group on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/518448396054304
LIVE facebook diy video
You can watch the entire LIVE DIY video here – https://www.facebook.com/royalefunkyjunque/videos/162915706670559
Leave a Reply