If your anything like me you love all things that look vintage and sparkle! I am obsessed with any kind of old/new vintage mailboxes, so when I saw this one at Michael’s on sale I decided to make a Shabby Glam Mailbox!
I knew that I wanted it to attach the box to a larger frame so while browsing the aisles at Michaels I picked up this metal wall trellis! My Shabby Glam Mailbox just keeps getting better and I was getting so excited! It’s like they were made for each other and I couldn’t wait to get back in the studio to get it done!
how to make a shabby glam mailbox
The first thing I did to make my Shabby Glam Mailbox was to dry brush a coat of white Chalk Paint (any kind will work) onto the box and the gate itself! Once that was dry I glued the mailbox to the gate using E6000 and hot glue. I applied the glue to the 4 circles on the gate and centered the post box! Again, it’s like they were made for each other! 🙂
Once the two pieces were attached I used Rub N’ Buff in antique gold and smoothed it all over the raised lettering of the post box using just my finger! I did use a chip brush to dry brush the Rub N’ Buff over the gate itself just to tie it into the box!
bring on the bling
I knew I wanted this to have a massive Bling effect! So in true Funky Junque fashion, I added rhinestone trim from Hobby Lobby and added it to the curve along the lid, as well as at the bottom of the box! I simply used my glue gun to attach it! I added a more narrow rhinestone trim going vertically down both sides of the box as well!
I finished it off using some Totally Dazzled bling in the corners and a heart at the top!
the finished product – shabby glam mailbox
How perfect would it be for a spring/summer wedding to be used as a card collector? It’s just one big piece of amazing!
product supply list for shabby glam mailbox
- Post Box – https://www.michaels.com/post-courier-mailbox-wall-accent-by-ashland/10650997.html
- Gate Trellis – https://www.michaels.com/english-garden-metal-gate-wall-accent-by-ashland/10651448.html
- Rub N’ Buff Antique Gold – https://www.michaels.com/rub-n-buff-wax-metallic-finish/M10183569.html?dwvar_M10183569_size=15%20ml&dwvar_M10183569_color=Silver
- Vertical Rhinestone Trim – https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Ribbons-Trim/Trims/Rhinestone-Single-Row-Trim/p/45709
- Horizontal Rhinestone Trim – https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Ribbons-Trim/Trims/Rhinestone-Trim/p/80952941
- White Chalk Paint – any kind will work!
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun required!
- Extra Bling for corners of Gate – https://bit.ly/2V2mOSM
You can watch the full DIY video here on Facebook! I participated in a Craft Swap and demonstrated this project on fellow crafters page https://www.facebook.com/BrownEyedGirlsCrafting. To see the entire video you can watch it here–>>>https://fb.watch/4VlwlENtbY/